Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mardi Gras Cupcakes

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler
 I wanted to bake something for Fat Tuesday. Traditional Mardi Gras baking is a King's Cake. I think it is more pastry than "cake". If you haven't had King's Cake the best way to describe it is like a coffee cake croissant. My boys don't like King's Cake so I made cupcakes. I used yellow cake mix and made a cinnamon filling. Above is a picture of how I prepared it to bake. The bottom row is a tablespoon worth of  batter. The middle shows the cinnamon filling. Top row has a tablespoon of batter on top of the filling. I got the idea from this website. http://hoosierhomemade.com/king-cake-cupcakes-and-mardi-gras-food/#
 I love unbleached baking cups. I have found that other cupcake papers can be oily once you bake with them. Unbleached baking cups aren't fancy but they are never smelly or greasy.
King's Cake Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment