Monday, June 24, 2013

Z a novel

I just finished reading Z a novel of Zelda Fitzgerald. It is a work of fiction but most of the  people portrayed in this book like Hemingway, the Murphys and Sara Haardt, existed. At the start of the novel Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald are SO in love you feel like these kids could conquer the world. However as the novel and time goes on they can't party forever. Jealousies, self doubt and alcoholism destroy their love for one another. Although I knew these lovers were doomed I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I just love reading about the jazz age. Zelda is such a likable free spirit. She is the life of the party.
From one marriage to another...
Today is my wedding anniversary. We've been married long enough that it feels like I've known him my whole life. D saw this picture and said "Wow, You guys look young." 

No comments:

Post a Comment