Friday, May 1, 2015

DIY Burlap Banner

 I wanted a banner for D's First Communion. I looked on Etsy. I saw a lot of cute burlap banners. Then I went to the craft store and decided I could make a banner for less than I would pay. Also it is pretty easy. Burlap is shabby chic so it doesn't have to be perfect. This project cost me $15. I already had the glue and a sponge. It took about 2 hours, counting drying time. 
 What you need::
Glue
Paint
Sponge
Stencils
Twine or ribbon
Burlap* 
*I found burlap paper. Burlap paper is great because you don't need to measure and cut the fabric!
 Step 1:: Place stencil on burlap. Using the sponge paint. 
 Let it dry...you might need 2 coats of paint.
The back of the burlap paper. You can peel off the paper. However keeping it on makes it sturdier. 
Step 2:: Measure the space where you want to hang the banner. Cut the string to the appropriate length.
Step 3:: Fold over the fabric and glue. I used a hot glue gun and Tacky Glue, they both worked well. I thought the Tacky Glue was less messy.




No comments:

Post a Comment