Sunday, January 1, 2012

Need some chocolate in the New Year?


Chocolate Cookies
I tried a new cookie recipe for New Years. If you are in need of chocolate these are the cookies for you.
I got the recipe from Martha Stewart's Cookies. These cookies are chocolaty goodness. They are easy to make. I still have dough left over and I am going to crush some candy canes to roll the raw dough in before I bake them. You could make these for Valentine's Day by rolling the dough in pink or red sanding sugar.

Pre heat oven to 350
2 Cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch process cocoa powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
pinch of salt
1 1/4 cup butter (2 1/2 sticks)
2 Cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons Vanilla
Sanding Sugar for rolling (optional)
Sift together Flour,Baking Soda, pinch of salt and Cocoa powder in a medium bowl.
Beat Butter and Sugar on medium speed till light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add Eggs and Vanilla till well combined. Reduce speed and mix in flour mixture. Form dough into flat disk and refrigerate dough for about an hour.
Preheat oven to 350 Roll dough into balls you can roll them in sanding sugar (I did not). Bake 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment