Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wayfarers Chapel

Wayfarers Chapel




The boys enjoyed running on the lush lawn.

Cute little family in the little chapel.
This past weekend we went to Rancho Palos Verdes, CA for my youngest nephew's baptism. I'd never been to Wayfarers Chapel. It is very small and it sits above the Pacific Ocean. It was built in 1951 by Frank Lloyd Wright's son, Lloyd Wright. It is all glass and stone surrounded by trees. Some people call it the glass chapel. Lloyd Wright liked to call it the tree chapel. I wish I'd taken more pictures inside the chapel however I was kind of caught up in the moment enjoying the baptism and I forgot to take pictures. So all I have is before and after. He is a sweet baby boy and we are blessed to have him in our family. The chapel is very peaceful and open to the public. So anyone can stop by and enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment