Monday, July 23, 2012

A Discovery of Witches & plenty of ice cream

 I've been reading Deborah Harkness' A Discovery of Witches all summer. I've slowly been reading it. The beginning of the book takes place in modern day London in the fall. There is lots of fog and hot tea by the fireplace. If you like history chances are you will like this book. Harkness's writing makes you believe that a witch who doesn't want to use her powers would join forces with a 1500 year old vampire to find a mysterious book that could unlock the secret why and how vampires and witches were created. I've heard and read reviews with people saying 50 Shades of Grey trilogy will fill the void of the Twilight saga. I had high hopes for 50 Shades of Grey but I could NOT get into it. As far as I'm concern Christian Grey is no Edward Cullen. However I think A Discovery of Witches fills the void more. It has forbidden love, historical back stories and strong female characters.
Summer Treat
Chocolate Malted Crunch is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment