Saturday, August 18, 2012

1 Stick of Butter Cookies

 Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Doesn't make a lot of dough.
A few weeks ago I REALLY wanted to bake. However I only had a stick of butter and I didn't want to go to the store. So I looked through my cookbooks & online for a cookie recipe that only needed 1 stick of butter. I don't remember if I found the recipe for these cookies in a book or on the web. However I am glad I wrote the recipe down. Everyone in the family loves them! I am planning on making them Labor Day weekend so the boys will have them in their lunch boxes for the 1st day of school. This makes about 24 chocolate chip cookies.

1 Stick of unsalted Butter
3/4 cups Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Sugar
2 large eggs at room temp.
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 1/4 All Purpose Flour
3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 cup of Chocolate Chips

Sift together Flour and Baking Soda in a medium bowl and set aside. In a large bowl using a mixer Cream butter and Sugars together till creamy. Add the vanilla then stir in Eggs. With the mixer on add in Flour. Use a spoon to mix in Chocolate Chips. 

Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. take the cookies out right when the cookies get brown on the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment