Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars

There is SO much buzz about this young adult novel I couldn't help myself. At first I found this book hard to read not because it's about kids with cancer but because of the pretentious musing of teenagers. It kind of reminded me of Dawson's Creek. None the less I kept reading because I liked the main character, Augustus Waters. Gus was written for all girls to swoon over him. I think reading this book at 16 and reading this book at 36 years old is a different experience. I could see how teenagers would think this a great love story and ugly cry while reading. I did not cry…I got sad but I just could't dive deep into The Fault in Our Stars. My big beef with this book is anyone who doesn't have cancer CAN'T say anything right! Anything a healthy person or adult says is misconstrued and met with sarcasm. The more I think about this novel the less I like it. I'd recommend Me Before You by Jojo Moyes before you read The Fault in Our Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment