Monday, January 21, 2013

Gone Girl

I read Gone Girl By Gillian Flynn. It is not my typical book. I rarely read mysteries or thrillers. However Gone Girl was on a lot of Best Book of 2012 lists. This book is hard to review because I don't want to give anything away. The less you know the better. What I can write is...this is a story of Amy and Nick. Amy goes missing and it's an examination of marriage. That's about it. I wish I could write more. The only problem I had with Gone Girl is I wanted the it to wrap up faster. I couldn't wait for all the loose ends to be tied up. That is the same way I feel when I am watching an episode of Dateline or 48 hours. "Just tell me who done it, already!" That is one of the reasons I don't like Mystery books. Gone Girl is definitely one of those books you want to give to a friend and then dissect the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment