Friday, July 12, 2013

American Wife

Lately I have been hearing a lot of buzz about the book Sisterland and the author Curtis Sittenfeld. It must have seeped into my subconsciousness. When I was at the library they had a different book by the same author displayed. I figured what the heck. It is loosely based on Laura Bush's life and President Bush's administration. I was 261 pages into the book and I was ready to stop reading. This book has little dialogue but a lot of long winded paragraphs. I felt like you were introduced in depth to a lot of characters that you didn't need to give so much time to. I did finish the book. The one saving grace for me was all the mentions of books because the main character was a librarian and an avid reader. I didn't really like it. After reading American Wife I don't plan on reading Sisterland

No comments:

Post a Comment